This post contains affiliate links.
You’ve heard over and over again that building an email list is one of the best ways to grow your online business, whether you want to get more clients or you want to sell more products.
And if you haven't heard, then where have you been my friend? You've got to start one!
You can't afford to ignore email marketing.
Of course, in order to build an email list, you have to have an email service provider. And to build it fast, you have to have a GREAT email service provider.
There are many different options, but I’ll recommend my favorite: ConvertKit
ConvertKit makes it easier to grow your list
Of course, you want to grow your email list quickly. You already know that the more engaged subscribers you have on your list, the better chance you have at making more money in your business.
ConvertKit is your secret weapon for list growth.
Here are three important reasons why you should use ConvertKit (and if you are already using a different email provider, here's why you should make the switch).
1) If you use my special ConvertKit link, you are eligible for one month free! So, if you are currently using another email providers, you have ample time to make the switch and not have to pay double!
You can actually start using ConvertKit for an entire month and grow your email list for free! How cool is that?
2) ConvertKit was actually designed especially for online entrepreneurs and bloggers. They make the tech SO easy (no more midnight emails to your IT guy) that you can do it all yourself.
The awesome features you get with ConvertKit are amazing:
- Automations are SO simple! You can build multiple automated email sequences (super important as your funnels get more sophisticated)
- You can tag your subscribers. This means you can deliver lead magnets to your audience and tag the lead as interested (over time, this will help you know what your customers are most interested in) or remove them from what they aren't interested in.
- ConvertKit lets you create forms! You can easily create many different types of forms for your website and blog
- That beautiful dashboard. ConvertKit allows you to trap stats on your forms, email series, and broadcasts to see which convert best
- Makes segmenting your list easy. You can segment your subscribers based on which lead magnets they download or forms they opt into.
3. ConvertKit has a "concierge team" to help you move transition your list from MailChimp, AWeber or other email service provider. Already have a list and it sounds like a huge headache to move it over? No worries! ConvertKit's team will do it for you!
In addition, ConvertKit has a dedicated deliverability team to make sure that emails get into inboxes (instead of junk folders). This means that the people who opted into your list are more likely to see all of the content you send them!
ConvertKit can make it happen for you! Their platform is totally easy to use, it’s fast, and it will help you automate your business growth. Plus, you can get a month free to try ConvertKit out! Gotta love that!
How to quickly build your email list from your blog readers
While there are about a bajillion ways to grow your email list some work better for others. In this blog post, I’m sharing 3 simple ways that will work to quickly build your email list from your blog readers:
3 SIMPLE WAYS TO GET YOUR BLOG READERS TO SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR LIST
1. Place opt-in forms in strategic locations
You want to ensure that your blog readers see your opt-in box. The best way to do this is to include your forms in strategic, highly-visible places. For example, you can place one right below or above the header of your blog. As soon as they get to your blog, they’ll already be thinking about subscribing!
Additional locations to place opt-in forms include:
- Your website header or footer
- A dedicated page on your website
- Your blog’s sidebar
- At the end of each blog post
- Within the body of a blog post
- As a pop-up for new blog post visitors
Bonus Tip: Use Opt-In Monster to easily create beautiful opt-in forms that are proven to convert. and deliver your lead magnet to your subscribers. It gives you a huge variety of options such as a floating bar and a fullscreen welcome mat.
2. Incorporate content upgrades into all of your blog posts
If you are like most businesses that are blogging, you are only realizing about a 1% to 2% conversion rate.
How would you like to get ten times more email subscribers than you do right now?
You can absolutely achieve this kind of result by strategically placing a specialized type of opt-in on your blog posts called a content upgrade.
Content upgrades are highly-specific opt-in offers that will turn each and every one of your blog posts into an email list-building machine on steroids.
Content upgrades are amazing email list builders, but only if your readers actually see them! That’s why I suggest putting your opt-in box in two places in your blog post: after the introductory paragraphs and at the end.
Both ConvertKit and Opt-In Monster have inline forms that you can use to showcase your content upgrades and get your readers on to your list.
Want to learn more? Read my blog post "Content upgrades boost conversions like crazy"
3) Share your lead magnets in Facebook groups
There are a lot of Facebook groups for businesses and bloggers. They put up prompts each week that allowed you to share your lead magnets or blog posts or social media handles. Some even let you promote a paid service or product! I’ve skyrocketed my website traffic and subscriber list using this technique. If you want to learn more how I've done it, you can read a detailed post here:
When all is said and done, nothing can replace showing that you care about your readers and adding genuine values to your audience's lives. If you do that and then implement the tactics I mention above, you will quickly build a list of enthusiatic and loyal leads who will be eager to buy your services and programs.
STEAL MY LIST GROWTH SECRETS!
Swipe my List Growth Secrets Guide! It's a step-by-step roadmap to quickly growing your email list with 50 types of lead magnet & content upgrade ideas.
Tell me in the comments below one piece of action you’re going to take TODAY to grow your list?